Monday, November 4, 2013

What is The Gray Poppy Blog about?

Hi! Welcome to The Gray Poppy Blog.

I have decided to begin a blog as I am on a mission to find the cleanest, yet high quality, beauty products and to share any other research I do. I imagine this blog will best fall into the category of lifestyle blog with most posts coming from a "crunchy" perspective. I sort of consider myself mostly granola as I think I have a fairly happy medium--with a touch of passion--when it comes to the products we use.

Ok, maybe more than a touch sometimes!

I'm not a die hard never-touch-anything-non-organic, never-use-a-department-store-make-up, never-shop-at-a-"regular"-grocery-store girl, but I do believe in knowing what is in our products and highly reducing toxins wherever and whenever possible.  If that is your goal as well, I'm here to help you in that quest! We are on this quest together. I am slowly but surely transforming my life and home into an as much as possible toxin-free environment, and as I do so, I will review for you products I love!

As a paramedic, one of my passions is obviously healthcare. And I love women's health! I am quite the birth nerd, I’ll have you know. If I’m not on Pinterest or Etsy, I’m probably reading a birth story. I believe in full informed consent in all areas of healthcare, but primarily women's health and birth. I’ll also share with you a few natural remedies!

So, I plan to write several informative opinion posts based on research I've done and continue to do. While I am passionate about a handful of subjects, I read both sides of every story and form my own educated opinion based on my research, as should you. Don’t take my word for it! I will share what I learn to aid your research, as I enjoy reading other blogs to glean information from their research. Everyone’s story is different and unique, and no matter how much research you do, your ultimate decision should be whatever it is that gives you peace. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re silly or wrong if you’ve done thorough un-biased research and have peace!

I'm no professional writer, journalist, scientist, or expert by any means, but I'd love to share with you what I have learned and will learn along the way!

So, stick around, and grab yourself a cup of coffee while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment